The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED), Ondo City, Ondo State is the first Nigerian specialized Medical and Health Sciences University, established in 2014 with the mission to foster excellence in teaching, research and service delivery in all Health-related Science Disciplines. Since its establishment, the University has created a niche for itself in being one of the few public universities with a stable uninterrupted academic calendar and exceptionally high-quality educational delivery. The University hereby invites all eligible candidates to apply for admission for the 2021/2022 Academic Session Post-UTME and Direct Entry screening into the following Faculties/ Disciplines:
Faculty of Clinical Sciences
1. Medicine and Surgery
Faculty of Dental Sciences
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
1. Medical Laboratory Science
2. Radiography and Radiation Science
3. Human Nutrition and Dietetics
Faculty of Nursing Science
1. Nursing Science
Faculty of Medical Rehabilitation
2. Prosthetics and Orthotics
Faculty of Science
2. Physics Electronics
4. Biological Sciences: a) Animal and Environmental Biology (option in Cell Biology and Genetics) b) Microbiology c) Plant Biology and Biotechnology d) Environmental Management and Toxicology
5. Mathematics 6. Food Science
7. Science Laboratory Technology
8. Computer Science
10. Information Technology
School of Public Health
1. Environmental Health Science
2. Community Health Science
UNIMED Post UTME Eligibility
1. Candidates who made University of Medical Sciences, Ondo their first and second choices in the 2020 UTME and scored 160 and above are eligible for the screening. In addition, candidates who did not choose the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo and are willing to change to the University are also eligible for the screening.
2. Candidates must possess five (5) credit passes at one sitting in relevant 0/Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics for the MBBS/BDS programmes and not more than two sittings in relevant 0/Level subjects including English and Mathematics for other programmes in the University.
3. Candidates awaiting their 0/Level results are also eligible to apply.
4. Direct entry candidates who have already applied to JAMB and who possess relevant ‘A’ level/JUPEB subjects or B.Sc. (Hons) degree in the Basic Medical/Biological Sciences or other Science courses with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division), and Professional/Higher Diploma Certificates, as appropriate for the various disciplines are all eligible to apply. Direct Entry Candidates are to forward their Transcript directly to the Registrar, University of Medical Sciences, Ondo City, Ondo State.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
All courses in Faculties require English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in UTME, except for candidates in Mathematics where English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology are required subjects in the UTME.
How to Apply for UNIMED Post-UTME Form
Eligible candidates should log on to the University website www.unimed.edu.ng and take the following steps:
1. Click on Admission;
2. Click on Post-UTME to access the Post-UTM E Portal;
3. Click on PAYMENT to make payment via online payment system using VISA or MASTER Card. Note that the VERVE Card is not allowed;
4. After payment, Print Payment Receipt
5. On the Post-UTME Portal, Click on Application Form to Login with your UTME Registration Number and Payment Transaction ID as Password to complete the screening form. For more details on payment and application, check the University’s website (www.unimed.edu.ng).
Screening Schedule and Venue of Examination
The Screening Exercise will start from 28th to 30th October, 2021. The Venue of Examination and modalities will be communicated to validly registered candidates accordingly.
ALSO NOTE THAT
· All candidates are requested to bring along the following items to the screening venue:
a. JAMB UTME Notification of Results
b. or Registration Slips for Direct-Entry Candidates;
c. A printed copy of the completed 2021/2022 Admission Screening slip.
· For more information or clarifications, candidates are advised to visit the University website, www.unimed.edu.ng , send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , or call the following phone numbers: +234-706-957-3618 and +234-905-826-3636.
· Any candidate who fails to present himself/herself for the Admission Screening Exercise will NOT be considered for admission.
Kindly note that the University does NOT have individual/sales agents. For the avoidance of doubt, valid and authentic details about admissions into the Programmes offered by UNIM ED can be obtained only at the University’s Administrative Office and at the University’s Website, www.unimed.edu.ng . Also, note that valid payments for the purchase of forms can ONLY be done as described above and NOT into any individual’s account. Anyone who deals with any individual and/or makes payment(s) into any individual’s account does so at his/ her own risk!
Dr. Woleola J. Ekundayo
Let’s hear your comment