JAMB Profile: How to Create JAMB Profile for 2021 UTME
You need to create a profile on the Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB) E-facility portal before you can be able to access the portal to carry out any action. Actions such as, printing of JAMB result slip, printing of admission letter, application for change of course or institution, correction of data, checking of admission status, application for regularization and so on.
Step 1: Verifying Your Email Address
- Visit the JAMB Official website. Next to the Post registration facility, you will see a button to log in.
- Click on ‘Create e-Facility Account/Login‘ at the top of the page.
- Click on Log In. A new webpage will open.
- If you don’t have an email address, now would be a good time to create one, you can create a gmail account.
- Click on the Create New Account button to begin your JAMB profile creation. You will be required to verify your email. You can see the screenshot below.
- Click on select to choose a security question from the drop down menu. For example, you can select the security question, “What is the name of your childhood friend?” Note that security questions can be used as an extra level of security that can be used to verfiy your identity when necessary.
- In the last two spaces (Secret question answer), enter the same answer. If your childhood friend was Mike, write it in the last two spaces and click on verify.
- You will see a dialogue box (see screenshot below) requesting you to verify your email. If the box shown to you is not exactly like the one below, it means your email has issues. Create and verify a new email before creating your JAMB profile.
- Open your email and find an email sent from “email@example.com”. If you don’t find the mail under updates, check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, relax. Sometimes it takes time to arrive. The email should be titled “eMail Address Confirmation”.
- Open the email and click the link that says “Click here to continue your Profile Creation”. Note that there is also a unique code that was sent to you in that email. Please ensure you do not delete that email or you can copy the unique code to somewhere safe. You will be needing this code when you go to register at the CBT Centre. See the screenshot below to have a glimpse at what the email looks like.
Step 2: Signing Up as a New User
Once you click the link in the last step above or entered the confirmation code sent to you on the JAMB email validation form, this means that your email has been verified and you can now continue with your JAMB profile creation. The next webpage provides you with a form to fill in your personal information.
- Visit http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ValidateeMail.
- Supply the required information.
- Click on the ‘Verify e-Mail‘ button.
- Follow the link sent to your email address.
- Enter all the required personal information and details.
- Sign up and create your profile.
- All the best!
How to Create Your JAMB Profile Using Your Mobile Phone Via Text (SMS)
1. Prospective candidate should send his/her Surname, First Name and Middle Name (where applicable). This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to JAMB short code of 55019.
2. One cell number (mobile number) can be used by one candidate only.
3. A confirmation code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone number which will be used to procure the ePIN
PROFILE SELF HELP IN CASE OF MISTAKE / LOSS:
To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, resend a text message (from the registered number) “CORRECT Surname First name Middlename” to 55019
To retrieve a lost confirmation code, resend a text message (from the registered number) “RESEND” to 55019.
- If you are to create this profile, it is advisable to do it on Chrome browser using a very good smart phone or computer system.
- Make sure you log in to your profile to ensure there is no mistake before you proceed to get the ePIN. If you made a mistake, you can use the SMS profile self help method above to correct it.
- Ensure to use the same email address used to create your profile to get your ePIN.